Congratulations to our young pentathletes who have had a very successful tetrathlon season! Tetrathlon consists of four of the five phases of Pentathlon. It involves running, riding, swimming and shooting and is a natural pathway to competing in pentathlon. Our rising stars Erika Lowe, Isobel Radford Dodd, Rebecca Lowe, Jack Sargent, James Coonan, Sean McNamara, Simon Barrett and Tim O’Brien have all had successes within their Tetrathlon season.
Going from the achievements listed below, the future of Pentathlon in Ireland looks extremely bright!
Irish Pony Club National Tetrathlon Championships
- 1st place overall and National Senior Boys Champion – Sean McNamara
- 1st place in the Running phase – Tim O’Brien
- 2nd place overall – Isobel Radford Dodd
- 1st place in the Swim phase – Rebecca Lowe who also set a new swimming record
- 1st place overall and National Junior Boys Champion – Simon Barrett
- 1st place overall and National Junior Girls Champion – Erika Lowe
UK Pony Club Senior Regionals in Leicestershire
- 2nd place overall – Isobel Radford Dodd. Isobel was 1 of only 4 clear cross country rounds on a very wet day and was also part of the Bronze medal winning Irish Girls Team.
US International Tetrathlon Exchange in North and South Carolina
- Tim O’Brien came 2nd in the International Competition and was part of the winning Boys Team. He also won the B. J. Kruger Trophy as the Top Irish Pony Club Athlete.
- Jack Sargent came in 4th place overall.
- James Coonan won the Riding Phase and was also part of the winning boys team
Congrats to all our athletes!