Pentathlon Ireland C.L.G.
Pentathlon Ireland (PI) values your support, privacy and trustand has adopted a Data protection policy to ensure that the board of directors, officers and employees are aware of their responsibilities, and the rights of individuals providing personal information under the Data Protection Acts and the General Data Protection Regulations(GDPR).
- The policy requires that Pentathlon Ireland ensures that the personal data it processes is adequate, relevant and not excessive,
- That it is kept for one or more specified explicit purposes.
- That it is used in ways compatible with those purposes.
- that it is accurate, complete and up to date,
- That it is not retained for longer than it is necessary,
- That it is only used for the purpose for which it was given.
- That the information will be given to the individual on request.
What we use your information for:–
- Processing transactions e.g. membership, registering for an event.
- Updating our data base as appropriate.
- Organising and supervising events or activities for which you have previously registered or volunteered.
- Keeping in touch about events and the dissemination of information about PI and its activities, where consent for such communications has been obtained.
- Website improvements based on information we received from you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
You have the right to find out what personal data PI holds on you, where we obtained it and whom we share it with.
If you discover that PI holds inaccurate or out of date information you can request us to correct that information.
You may request that data you have supplied be deleted. If you wish to request a deletion or access to your information , please contact email@example.com or write to The Administrator, Pentathlon Ireland, National Sports Campus, D 15.
Controlling your personal information
Before any data can be recorded on the data base PI must seek your explicit consent. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following manner : –
- Whenever you are asked to manually fill in a form or complete a form on the website look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used other than the purpose for which it was provided.
- If you previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
You may request details of any information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held please write to the above address.
If you believe any of the information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Links to other websites.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest; you should note that we have no control over these.We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such web sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the site in question.
We respect your privacy and will not distribute your information to third parties.
A general exception to this rule is where, in the unlikely event, we believe in good faith that we at are required to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any applicable law, summons, a search warrant,a court regulatory order or other statutory or legal requirement.
- Collect any personally identifiable information without your express permission.
- Collect any sensitive information without your express permission.
- Pass data to advertising or marketing networks.
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.