Pentathlon Ireland is the national governing body for Modern Pentathlon in Ireland, focused on identifying, nurturing and developing Irish pentathletes to compete at the highest levels of international competition. Our headquarters are on the Sport Ireland Campus in Abbotstown, Co Dublin.
About the Job
PI is seeking a motivated person who will support the performance team as they create and maintain the best possible environment for competitive pentathletes.
- Providing coaching support to the Performance Director and Head Fencing Coach
- Providing coaching cover when Head Fencing Coach on leave or overseas duties
- Accompanying teams when travelling to competition or camps
- Growing the athlete base through engaging with schools, colleges, and other sources.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- A coaching qualification, a former Pentathlete and/or or a high level of demonstrated skill in Fencing
- Be Garda Vetted and have a current Safeguarding Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current & Valid Driving Licence
- Record of delivering coaching in one of the above disciplines
- IT literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience of planning events and working cohesively with athletes, parents and colleagues in a performance environment
Nature of the Position
While it is the intention of Pentathlon Ireland that the position would be full-time, a flexible working time arrangement may be arranged should this fit the needs of the successful candidate.
Expression of Interest
The closing date for expression of interest is Monday 21st February 2022. Please email email@example.com to register your interest or if you have any queries. Please include “Development Coach” in the subject line.